Wonderful keynote by James von Klempener at ULI 2018 summit in Dublin about interventions in five different neighbourhoods. Main ingredients of a place include:
- defining he boundary of the area
- supply the people, both pedestrians and transport,
- managing the flows through the area,
- understanding and articulating the history of a place,
- establishing the mix of functions and building uses,
- introducing activities in the public realm,
- shaping the architecture.
Fascinating presentation based on five urban mixed use cases in global cities like London, New York and Shanghai. Vision and knowledge on the urban integration of a place and the program in the but up and public space come ahead of design to make the design support the urban concept.